Saturday, November 17, 2007

Reenlistment!

Yesterday was the day. My parents came up for the occaision, which was cool; they've never really had a chance to tour the ship.

The oath was administered by my division officer:

I, Fenris Wolf, do solemnly swear:
That I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
That I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;
And that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
So help me God.


Four more years!

(It's like being President! Except that it pays less. And nobody votes for it. And it's probably more fun. Okay, it's probably nothing at all like being the President.)

3 comments:

gt281 said...

hurray, hurray, another guardian stays to watch my butt...
...now do what your mother surely told you, while she was visting...
G-DAMN it keep your head down....

Fenris said...

Thanks, buddy! I really appreciate that. (And I apologize for my lateness in responding to you; it's been more than a little busy around here, real-life wise...)

gt281 said...

Your folks, yourself and
watching my butt comes first....
thanks for the nice comment, always
boring stuff when gathering the troops together…
in the back of my peanut mind I have ideas for a third
Sigmarr, big horse battle scene, daunting, any ideas on who
to get an example from? Not stealing, but examples of
how to describe the action…
henry v?...if not i'll just slog my way thu it like i always do..
don't eat too much turkey...and leave some pie for the others this time, will ya, the admiral got complaints last year.....;-)